The Tale of ElementTown, episode III

A long hall filled with information regarding the history of ElementTown.
Forum rules
Jodediah
Wind - Tempest
Galcon Username: Jodediah
League of Legends Summoner: Jodediah
Legions: Overdrive Username: Jodediah
Minecraft Username: Jodediah
TrackMania Username: Jodediah

The Tale of ElementTown, episode III

Post by Jodediah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:43 pm

Back at ElementTown, the boy and the wolf get separated from the tall man, and are now lost in an underwater cavern with the company of a being of darkness... and who knows what else. Will they find their way out of this pitch black labyrinth?
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It was a foggy day, with a small sliver of sunshine breaking the overcast sky here and there. The hills rolled on and on, the rivers flowed, and the wind moved things along with a gentle breeze every now and then. All was serene within the land titled ElementTown. Suddenly, a burst of light from up in the air, as two terrified beings plummeted from the cloudy sky... and then landed in a lake.

There was a great splash of briny green and a deep, deep blue. The waterfall drowned out the sound from the near distance. As the surface of the water became calm, a great mass of bubbles erupted from below as a young boy shot out, gasping for air. When he regained composure, he looked around. After a short while he began looking frantically, screaming for his new friend, who joined him in falling from the sky. He took a deep breath of air and looked underwater.

It was cold, dark, and cloudy. The water had not yet settled from their fall. He screamed again for his friend, but the dark water stole the very sound from his yell and made it quiet. The boy could not see his friend anywhere. Where was he? There was a tug at his ankle, and the boy swiftly looked at whatever it was is shock. There was seaweed at his ankles... pulling him down... The boy screamed and nothing could be heard but the sound of bubbles. The boy struggled and the seaweed pulled tighter. The boy surrendered and he was pulled ever downwards... He loosed his last breath of air, and up it went, the last of his air. And it was there, in the deep darkness of the lake that the boy blacked out.

He awakened with much drowsiness. Where was he..? The cold set in as he realized his clothes were not yet dry, wherever he was. To his side was someone he did not recognize, who appeared to still be unconscious from being pulled into the water. He fought to stand up, and then he took a quick look around him. It appeared he was in a torch lit cave, and the cave branched off into two other tunnels. The ground was not sandy, but it had a sandpaper-like texture and color. There were stalactites on the ceiling, and stalagmites on the ground. After scanning the rest of the room, the boy thought he heard footsteps... very quiet footstep, but audible enough.

"Hello."

The boy was startled, he looked up to see a small black... thing looking at him with yellow eyes.
"H-hello," The boy started.
"Please do not be startled."
"Well it would help if I knew what and who you are," the boy said.
"I am the being of darkness. And as embarrassed as I am to say it, I need your help."
"Really?" The boy was surprised. "What do you need my help with?"
"Well," The being of darkness started, "I have a twin. The being of Light. And he... is very ill. That is why your world and the human world are out of balance, because the balance between the two of us has been upset."
"And what do you need my help for..?"
"Well, I cannot leave this cavern. And to save my brother, he needs to be delivered something that I possess." The being of darkness produced a large circular stone of the purest white the boy had ever seen. "I need you to take this to me brother so that he may live, and this land may be saved."

The being of darkness dropped the stone into the boy's hands, which had trouble with the weight. The boy opened up his mouth to speak, but the being of darkness had already left. He set the stone on the floor and looked at the person beside him, who was pulled underwater and brought here just as he was. Who was this boy? The only people that went through the portal, and thus into the lake were the boy, the wolf, and the tall man... so who was this? The boy gave the unconscious other boy a good few pokes. The boy didn't seem to respond.
"Hello...? Are you okay?" No reply.
The boy made a decision that he thought would save the other boy's life. He gave him a solid punch to the gut. The other boy coughed up a cup or two of water and collapsed onto the floor.
"Thanks I guess..." He coughed up a little more water, and groaned. "That was a pretty crazy fall into the lake. Where are we now?"
"In some cave," The boy said. "And a being of darkness gave me this white rock. And I... don't know who you are."
"How could you not know who I am? I came here through the portal with you!" The boy took a quick look at himself and understood the other boy's confusion. "Oh! I guess I transformed back when we went through the portal or something..." The boy held out his hand. "Pleased to meet you, I am Michael."
The two boys shook hands. "Glad to meet you in person, Michael," The boy said. "Unfortunately I don't have a name I can tell you... I can't remember mine."
"It's okay," Michael said. "Lets find our way out of this cave."

The two boys got up off of the cavern floor and looked up. The lake was above them, but the water was not crashing down on them... it was floating above them as if held back by a sheet of perfectly transparent glass.
"I have an idea," Michael said. He took his amulet out from his shirt and looked it over and smiled, almost diabolically.
"What is that?" The boy was confused.
"You will see--" Michael said rather darkly, with a smile.
There was a powerful gust of wind, and the boy was forced to look away from Michael and his mysterious amulet. When it ended and he looked back, Michael was not there, but the wolf had returned.
"That is awesome!" The boy exclaimed. The wolf barked back in agreement, and then the wolf began sniffing around for an exit to this underwater labyrinth. The wolf's tail began to wag and he signaled for the boy to follow. They set off away from the lighted area and into the darkness of the remainder of the cave's tunnel system. The boy began to think that this wasn't such a good idea... he heard laughter coming from any and all directions, and the boy could have sworn that he saw a pair of yellow eyes look at him and then head off in another direction...

The wolf trudged onwards.

This cannot be happening,
the boy thought. I am trusting a boy... or wolf to lead me through a pitch black tunnel without any light... will we make it out safely? Am I positive that we are the only people... or living things for that matter, in this tunnel? It was ironic how soon the boy would find the answers to these questions. At with that they continued ever deeper into the dark abyss.
In this episode: dark547

Sin
Fire - Inferno
League of Legends Summoner: Asinity
Legions: Overdrive Username: Sin
Minecraft Username: SpiderAssassin
TrackMania Username: SpiderAssassin

Re: The Tale of ElementTown, episode III

Post by Sin » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:06 pm

:O Very good Jode. Now I can't wait for IV.

Jodediah
Wind - Tempest

Post by Jodediah » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Next week hopefully. :D

C_R_A_N_E
Earth - Boulder
Battlefield: Heroes Username: sillyg0000se
Galcon Username: SillyG0000se
League of Legends Summoner: SillyG0000se
Legions: Overdrive Username: Craneo
Minecraft Username: SillyG0000se

Post by C_R_A_N_E » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:58 pm

lol chocolate cookie

blabla12
Fire - Spark
Battlefield: Heroes Username: blabla132
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by blabla12 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:01 pm

wow no spelling or punctuation errors!! I'm impressed

nice story :D
eh?

Havoc
Fire - Spark
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Havoc » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:29 pm

hey jod, my sis say she like your story!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Novaz
Fire - Spark
League of Legends Summoner: iNovaz
Legions: Overdrive Username: Novaz

Post by Novaz » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:01 pm

Nice story Jode. I could never right this stuff. I should like plagiarize all the episodes and give it to me ELA teacher and take the credit, that would be awesome, she gives a lot of Extra Credit for short story hand-ins, and these would be perfect.
Could me and Cuz be in IV :D?
Last edited by Novaz on Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jodediah
Wind - Tempest

Post by Jodediah » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:18 pm

I_Novaz_I wrote: Could me and Cuz be in IV :D?
Idk, the way I'm doing it now is by strapping all of your faces to my dartboard and closing my eyes and taking a shot...

Looks like my wall is in the next episode, so maybe you'll be in the one after that! :D

C_R_A_N_E
Earth - Boulder
Battlefield: Heroes Username: sillyg0000se
Galcon Username: SillyG0000se
League of Legends Summoner: SillyG0000se
Legions: Overdrive Username: Craneo
Minecraft Username: SillyG0000se

Post by C_R_A_N_E » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:49 pm

just make sure ur lightbulb doesnt get a spot in the story. it happened to me once. i suck at darts lol

Jodediah
Wind - Tempest

Post by Jodediah » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Return to “Hall of Echoes”