Minecraft

Terman's Pub is a hot spot for friendly conversation and chitchat. Talk about anything in here.
Forum rules
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
counthani
Battlefield: Heroes Username: counthani
Galcon Username: counthani
Legions: Overdrive Username: counthani
Minecraft Username: counthani
TrackMania Username: counthani
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Minecraft

Post by counthani » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:41 pm

How safe is minecraft from the standpoint of getting viruses? My little brother wants to download minecraft, but I don't want it to damage my computer, how safe is it? Like what measures does the company go to to prevent people from hacking their servers?
Last edited by counthani on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheFordium
Water - Drop
League of Legends Summoner: TheFordium
Legions: Overdrive Username: TheFordium
Minecraft Username: TheFordium
TrackMania Username: TheFordium
Location: Leeds. You know, in Yorkshire? *Sigh* It's in England. Yes, I know you've heard of that one.

Re: Minecraft

Post by TheFordium » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:14 am

You can't get a virus from Minecraft if you download it from the proper website and if people hack their servers and their websites and all that sort of stuff the only thing that is in danger is personal details. (Might wanna watch out if you download anything extra like texture packs or mods from dodgy websites.)

So your computer is absolutely safe as far as I know and you don't need to worry :) Hope I helped and also that I am actually right :?
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water.

- LORAN EISELY, The Immense Journey, 1957

DarkDanny
Earth - Boulder
League of Legends Summoner: DuskTurtle
Minecraft Username: DarkDanny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Minecraft

Post by DarkDanny » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 am

Minecraft can be downloaded @ Minecraft.net, this is the Official Website.
As TheFordium said above, as long as you download something malicious, you should be fine. :)

Just make sure you don't give out your password!

Return to “Terman's Pub”