Minecraft 1.0 Possibilities?

Forum rules
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DarkDanny
Earth - Boulder
League of Legends Summoner: DuskTurtle
Minecraft Username: DarkDanny
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Minecraft 1.0 Possibilities?

Post by DarkDanny » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am

The Moltendorf told me that he was going code our own plugins for the "official" ET server, but sadly the Moltendorf is very busy :(

I was hoping that maybe in the near future, the Moltendorf would have time to start working on this so I could mass invite all the people to minecraft, and invite all said people to the ET TS3 so they could chill with us, and eventually become ET members :o

I was also considering putting (once the plugins are finished) the ET Minecraft Server onto:

http://mcserverlist.net/
http://minestatus.net/

Maybe eventually start getting some people. Thoughts / Opinions?

moltendorf
Fire - Spark
Battlefield: Heroes Username: MoltenDwarf
League of Legends Summoner: Molten Dwarf
Legions: Overdrive Username: moltendorf
Minecraft Username: moltendorf
TrackMania Username: MoltenDwarf

Re: Minecraft 1.0 Possibilities?

Post by moltendorf » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 am

Perhaps. That is a bit of a ways away at this point just due to how busy I am at work. Perhaps you can work on recruiting an expert server administrator who knows how to set up a Bukkit server from the ground up, and wishes to push Element Town forward with it (in fact you can do this for almost any game that has a dedicated server available for download ;))? That will get you most of what you could possible want from a Minecraft server. Don't ask someone if they can set up a server for us though (as that implies them paying for some server space and then installing and managing it, which why would someone want to spend their time and money hosting a server for some random community?), instead ask if they can run and manage one that we already have tons of power to host it properly, and you can link them to this topic to show them what we've got lined up. :D

Our main server's specs:
  • 6x 4 GB DDR3 ECC DIMMs, which is 24 GB of RAM (can be upgraded, I will have money to purchase as much as 6x 16 GB DDR3 ECC DIMMs soon, which is 96 GB of RAM).
  • 2x Quad-Core Intel Xeon 2.133 GHz Processors, which is eight 2.133 GHz cores (currently not interested in upgrading this, as it's not holding us back in terms of what Minecraft needs).
  • 2 TB 7200 RPM WD Caviar Black Hard Drive (most performance loss of using a hard drive is negated by caching implemented in the Linux kernel and using /dev/shm for things that aren't cached optimally, we can buy SSDs if needed).
  • 1 Gbps network connection, we have 10 Mbps 95th percentile metered transfer (if we need more transfer, that can be arranged for). Do note the difference, bandwidth is 1 Gbps, which means if someone wanted to, they can communicate at 1 Gbps. But we can't do that for more than 5% of each month due to our 10 Mbps 95th percentile transfer agreement which means we must remain at 10 Mbps or less for 95% of each month.

Code: Select all

namespace life\somewhere {
    final class moltendorf {
        private static $moltendorf = null;
        public static function getMoltendorf() {return self::$moltendorf ? self::$moltendorf : (self::$moltendorf = new moltendorf());}
        public function shoutAt($statement) {return 'Blar...';}
    }

call_user_func(function () {
        if ($moltendorf = moltendorf::getMoltendorf()) echo $moltendorf->shoutAt('Go back to your coding corner!');
    });
} 

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Minecraft”